Picked a Paint Color FINALLY!

We have been in our home now for almost 4 years.  We moved in here Oct2013 and it is now Aug2017.

The MAIN reason I could not come up with a paint color was I was waiting to get our floors installed.  Depending on if I had chosen light, medium or dark floors would be the determining factor of what floors I would get.

If you asked any of my family/friends they would tell you that I had swatches on my walls for those entire 3 years.  My husband would make me paint over them when we had parties or events here at the house.  I would reluctantly paint over them.

I really wanted to love Revere Pewter but it was too dark in my space and pulled a bit too blue.  Do you want to see this years swatches?

 I started with Agreeable, Revere Pewter and Worldly Gray.  There is also bit of unkown crayon/marker there on the bottom I am MORE than happy to cover.


This is the long wall that is in the living room.  
Top: SW Agreeable Gray and SW Worldly Gray
Middle: Revere Pewter mixed in Behr at 50%, 100%, 25% 
(I had used this in my Mudroom redo)
Bottom: Revere Pewter mixed in BM and mixed in SW
the one stuck on there in the middle is SW Accessible Beige
(I told you I REALLY wanted to love RP)

But, as you can see, they are all different mixed by different companies.  It's very hard to look at photos on Pinterest and know a color is going to look like it does online.  You really need to put swatches on your wall.


And then... I figured it out!!  The reason I didn't like any of the colors was because they were too dark!  I know it's not too different from the Divine White that was on the walls.

The X through the samples is 50% RP mixed in Sherwin Williams.  It's very close to the Agreeable gray.


I had to paint as  much as I could around the television until DH came home to help take it down.


Doesn't this look amazing??!  I loved the shadowy areas of the Divine White.  This gave me exactly what i wanted.

What was funny was that I kept looking at the wall, and it kept reminding me of someone's home.  I kept telling DH and couldn't figure it out.


Anyone remember this post??  I completely forgotten when doing the painting I had used RP in my Mudroom redo!!










Comments

Popular Posts