Lovesac Sactionals Modular Furniture - Review



Let me begin today's review to just tell you that this single piece of furniture is probably hands down the MOST expensive item we have in our home.  Yes.  That's right, our couch is more expensive than my laptop, more expensive than my bedroom furniture, more expensive than all of my kitchen appliances combined. 

We were at the mall one day and my husband fell head over heels in love this with damn thing.  Upon entering the store, the atmosphere is extremely inviting and you definitely want to cuddle up on the sofas. 

They have Mega Block sized wood blocks in the shape of the sides and bases at the service desk to illustrate how many options you can make depending on the pieces you buy.  There are also videos showing ease of moving the pieces about into the various combinations.

I still have the receipt.  We wanted to make a large sectional and bought the configuration that allowed us to this.  We actually ordered a different fabric, but something went wrong with our order.  They had an unopened customer return in Dolphin Solid Polylinen. I am so happy with the change.

We have 8 sides and 5 bases.  At the time we purchased our pieces, the round arms were not available.  We can make many configurations, but these are the ones we use the most:
  • (4) Cushion Chaise and an arm chair (this is what I have currently)
  • (5) Cushion Sectional
  • Two loveseats and ottoman
This is the current layout of our Sactional


This is the layout for the (4) cushion Sectional.  We do not have the chaise cushion connected with a clamp and move it around sometimes for use as an ottoman


The remaining pieces are in the corner to create an Arm Chair.  I love to sit here and cuddle with my son in the morning.



About the product

The pieces are claimed to be "Adaptable".  Like any modular item, the pieces can be customized for what you need.  Each piece comes with wooden feet secured to the bottom of the bases and the arms.  They also include shoes that the pieces fit into.  The shoes are square wood blocks that have 4 holes for the feet to go into.  The pieces are secured by metal clamps that hold the pieces together.  They also supply felt pads to adhere to the bottoms of the feet or shoes depending on your need.

Durability

Custom Covers (3 year warranty)
The covers are completely washable and we remove them as needed to wash and they have been wearing well.  There are no pills or tears in the covers

Shoes/Feet/Clamps (Lifetime for hard pieces)
The strap on the clamps has broken/torn on a few of the clamps.  They secure quite tightly and the only way to remove the clamp is by pulling on the strap.  It is almost impossible to get the clamp off on those clamps with broken straps.  However, as far as I understand, this is part of the clamp and should be under warranty.  I will be submitting a claim.

The Shoes and Feet have remained solid and we have had no issues with these.  The felt pads have come off, as do most felt pads.  They do not stay "stuck".

Liners (3 year warranty)
Extremely disappointed in the quality of the liners.  At least half of the liners have broken zippers and torn seams.  This started happening right about the time the warranty expired and we were extremely upset.  Because the zippers on the liners are only touched (unzipped) when we remove the custom covers and liners to wash, these should not have broken so early.

Pillows (3 year warranty)
The back pillows are sagging much more so than a loveseat I purchased around the same time for $800 from another major furniture store.  They should have made the pillow liners on these to be removable like the other pieces in order to replace or add additional batting.  I will be purchasing extra large pillow covers and reinforcing the batting.

Ease of Use
The pieces are extremely hard to get apart and put back together.  The clamps are tight, my husband sometimes has to jump up and down on them to secure two bases together.  There have been some instances where I could not secure the clamps on my own.  But, I would rather this be the case than the couch falling apart.  We have never had an instance where the couch came apart when not intended.

Comfort
My husband does not share my view on this, but I don't feel like the seat cushions are "deep enough".  I have read many of the reviews and this is a common complaint.  They created a "deep side insert" that is a bit narrower so that you could flip the cushions long wise to rectify this problem.  This would require spending at least $1000 just to replace a few of the sides.  No Thanks.

Expandability
Because the round arms were not available when I purchased the pieces we did, I often long for a few more pieces.  I would like 4 roll arms to match a bit better with my modern farmhouse decor.  Pricing it online and that's $1300.  Adding another few pieces is more than buying a whole new sofa.  Unfortunately, I do not see that happening any time soon. 

Would I buy the couch again... I would look for less expensive options that are more affordable to add on and add pieces.


Comments

  1. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Good stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.
    ruffled linen bedskirt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts